Home Blog Page 7

2027: The Year of Stars – Except Ram Charan

0

After directors and heroes started focusing on pan-Indian films post Baahubali, big star films are not releasing regularly. Usually, only 2–3 big star films release in a year. Coming to 2027, nearly all top stars are expected to release their movies, except for Ram Charan.

Mahesh Babu’s Varanasi is announced for April 7. Spirit is scheduled for March 5. NTR’s film with Nelson is expected in the summer. Pawan Kalyan’s film with Surender Reddy is also planned for the first half of the year. Allu Arjun’s film with Atlee is expected to release in the second half. Prbahas’s Fauzi also may hit thetares in 2027 only.

Along with these, senior stars like Chiranjeevi, Balakrishna, Nagarjuna, and Venkatesh are also expected to release their films in 2027. Young heroes and Tier-2 stars are also targeting 2027 for their releases.

Ram Charan will not have any release in 2027 as he will be working with Sukumar for his next film, and the shoot starts in the second half, the release will most likely be in 2028.

Prime Video to Bag Allu Arjun–Atlee Film?

0

Normally, for most pan-Indian films, Netflix is the number one option as the digital partner. But for AA22, Allu Arjun–Atlee’s big-budget film, Prime Video is more likely to bag the deal. This is not official news, but the buzz is going strong among the industry circles.

There are two main reasons. First, recently most Sun Pictures films’ streaming rights have been acquired by Prime Video. The production house has a strong collaboration with Prime Video.

Second, Netflix has already bagged , or is in talks for several big films slated for 2027, such as Dragon, Spirit, Varanasi, and Fauzi. They are already investing huge amounts in these projects.

For the Allu Arjun–Atlee film, OTT platforms will have to offer a very big amount. Netflix may not go aggressively for it, as they have already locked several biggies.

Meanwhile, Prime Video shares a good association with Sun Pictures and is unlikely to miss out on a massive film like AA22, Allu Arjun–Atlee project.

There are still some negotiations happening, as OTT platforms are not offering expected prices for every film. But 99%, the OTT deal is likely to go to Prime Video.

Dragon OTT Rights Sold to Netflix

0

NTR and Prashanth Neel’s pan-India big-budget two-part film Dragon is currently on the shooting sets. The movie has already produced a huge craze, and the latest news is that the OTT rights of Dragon have been sold to Netflix.

The movie is being made on the biggest scale in Prashanth Neel’s career, and the makers are spending a massive budget on this series.

The glimpse of the first part is planned to be released on NTR’s birthday. Prashanth Neel is said to have designed terrific action blocks in the film, which are expected to be among the biggest ever seen in Indian cinema.

The digital rights of the first part of Dragon have been bagged by Netflix for all languages, and the team is said to have mentioned Summer 2027 as the theatrical release window.

After Dhurandhar 2, Ranveer Singh Picks a Zombie Subject

0

Ranveer Singh is gearing up for his next ambitious project, Pralay, which is set to become the most expensive film in his career. After delivering a sensational blockbuster like Dhurandhar, Ranveer is said to be choosing his scripts very carefully, and this time, he is stepping into the zombie thriller genre.

Titled Pralay, the film is reportedly being mounted on a massive ₹300 crore budget, making it the most expensive standalone film of Ranveer Singh’s career so far. The story revolves around a married couple trying to survive a deadly zombie outbreak during the COVID-19 lockdown in Mumbai. The unique backdrop of the pandemic, combined with a survival thriller, adds a fresh and gripping angle to the narrative.

The film will be directed by Jai Mehta and marks Ranveer Singh’s first project under his own production banner, Maa Kasam Films. Actress Kalyani Priyadarshan will play the female lead role in the film.

With large-scale VFX work and high-octane action sequences planned, Pralay promises to be a visually spectacular and intense cinematic experience. The zombie genre has strong potential to appeal to audiences across languages, making it an exciting and risky choice that could pay off big at the box office.

Fans Fire on Peddi Makers

0

Ram Charan fans were delighted to learn that the second single from Peddi would arrive on Valentine’s Day or that weekend. But they are now very frustrated with the film’s team, as the latest news is that the song’s release will be delayed.

Directed by Buchi Babu, Peddi is the biggest project of this year. The promotional content has struck gold and created huge anticipation for the film. But one thing that is frustrating fans and audiences is the delay. They are already upset over the movie’s postponement, as it was pushed to April 30 from March 27.

On top of this, the team has been continuously delaying the second single. It was initially planned for a New Year release, then moved to post-Sankranthi. Recently, it was expected to be released on Valentine’s Day, but now the news is that it has been postponed again and shifted to a March release. 

This delay from the Peddi team is frustrating Ram Charan fans and other neutral audiences as well. 

Balakrishna Locks 4 Films for the Next 2 Years

0

Nandamuri Balakrishna has seen a good phase from Akhanda (2021) to Daaku Maharaj (2025) with back-to-back successful films at the box office. Though his latest film, Akhanda 2, did not live up to expectations, it received a sort of moderate run in theaters despite receiving mixed reviews. Now, Balakrishna has locked four films in the next two years to enthrall his fans. 

The actor found some free time due to a schedule shuffle in the proceedings of his upcoming film with Gopichand Malineni, as the shoot was delayed because of budget constraints. The movie is now set to start in March

Balakrishna is set to deliver a string of films in the coming days

After Akhanda 2, Balakrishna began listening to stories from multiple directors, and the latest news is that he has signed four films and plans to complete them within the next two years. His next film is with Gopichand Malineni under Vriddhi Cinemas. Next, he has signed a project with Harish Shankar under Sithara Entertainments. After that, he will work with Vivek Athreya under Mythri Movie Makers. 

His fourth film is with Marco director Aneef under Dil Raju’s production. From March onwards, Balakrishna will not be taking any breaks and will continuously shoot for these films.

Second Dolby Cinema screen set up in Hyderabad

0

Mahesh Babu’s AMB Cinemas recently opened in Bengaluru, delighting movie lovers with a state-of-the-art Dolby Cinema screen. Now, Hyderabad is gearing up to welcome its second Dolby Cinema screen within just a few months.

Allu Cinemas in Kokapet is set to open in March, and it will feature a Dolby Cinema screen. Soon after, Ranga Theatre in Jeedimetla will also join the list. The iconic single-screen theatre has been taken over by Mythri Movie Makers and is currently undergoing major renovations.

Closed since late 2025, Ranga Theatre is being completely upgraded to meet modern standards. Mythri Theatres aims to transform it into a premium single-screen destination. The grand reopening is targeted for May 2026.

The renovation reportedly includes the installation of Dolby Cinema’s advanced sound and projection systems, upgraded seating with recliners, and improved food and beverage facilities to enhance the overall movie-going experience.

It is also reported that Mythri Movie Makers has taken the theatre on a long-term lease of 9 to 10 years, marking a significant step in their expansion into the exhibition sector.

Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce Takes a New Decision

0

Disputes between Telugu film producers and distributors have been increasing day by day. The Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce has been receiving a large number of complaints regarding financial and distribution-related issues. But the problem is, most of these disputes are difficult to resolve because the agreements between the parties were not made in writing.

Due to the absence of proper written contracts, the Chamber has been facing serious challenges in examining and settling these complaints. In response, the Executive Committee of the Telugu Film Chamber has taken a key decision to bring discipline and transparency to the industry.

Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce Directs Producers and Distributors to Establish Written Agreements

From now on, the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce will not entertain or process any complaint related to producer-distributor transactions or issues unless there is a proper written agreement between the parties. Additionally, complaints must be submitted within a stipulated time along with a copy of the signed agreement.

Chamber Secretary K. Ashok Kumar informed the media that this decision was taken to ensure accountability, avoid unnecessary disputes, and promote professional practices in the Telugu film industry. The Chamber has urged all producers and distributors to execute clear written agreements before entering into any commercial arrangements.

Mana Shankara Vara Prasad Garu OTT : Audiences Disappointed

0

The Sankranthi 2026 blockbuster Mana Shankara Vara Prasad Garu arrived on OTT after creating several records at the box office, but it has disappointed the OTT audiences. Mainly, the viewers are not happy with the aspect ratio of the film.

The film, starring Chiranjeevi and directed by Anil Ravipudi, is streaming on ZEE5 only in scope format. This made the OTT audiences disappointed, because the theatrical version of Mana Shankara Vara Prasad Garu was available in a flat ratio. Some are also complaining about the lack of 4K and Dolby quality. Overall, fans feel that the OTT version does not give the same experience as it did in theatres.

ZEE5 is getting some big films from Telugu cinema recently, but if the big-ticket releases result in such complaints, the platform will not get the expected popularity among the viewers. 

Nithiin Aims for a Sankranthi Hit

0

Hero Nithiin, who has been struggling with consecutive failures, is now aiming for a strong comeback during the Sankranthi season. His recent films in 2025, including Thammudu and Robinhood, turned out to be major box-office disappointments.

Determined to bounce back, Nithiin has officially announced a project with director VI Anand, and another interesting update has now come to light.

According to the latest buzz, Nithiin will team up with director Anji K (Aay Fame) for a new film produced by Shresht Movies. The makers have reportedly applied for the title Sankranthi Subhakankshalu.

The film is being planned for a grand release during Sankranthi 2027, and Nithiin is hoping this festive release will mark a powerful comeback in his career. Let us wait and watch whether he will be successful in his attempt.